Models are required to submit an application online no later than 12:00 noon on March 15, 2013, or in person at the event on March 16th in order to qualify. Models will be contacted by AMAX as applications are received if it is determined they meet the requirements designated by Nashville Fashion Week featured designers. These models will be asked to come to the AMAX office for an in-person interview. (Please note that this on-site meeting does not guarantee you a role in Nashville Fashion Week.) Finalists will be selected and a winner named on March 18, 2013. All finalists must be available to be in Nashville between March 17th and April 7th, 2013 to interview and meet with an agents. Participating designers from Nashville Fashion Week will make final decisions on which shows the winner may participate in. All Model Search applicants will be informed via email and/or phone on or before March 16, 2013 if they have been selected as a finalist. Please contact for additional information.MODEL SEARCH APPLICATION
COMPETITION IS OPEN TO FEMALES, AGES 13-30, MINIMUM HEIGHT 5'7, SIZE 0-6.
No experience or purchase is required for eligibility to participate in the Nashville Fashion Week Model Search sponsored by AMAX Talent. However, applicants must meet all physical requirements for eligibility. Applicants under the age of 18 must have parental/guardian permission to apply.
1. THE COMPETITION: Nashville Fashion Week Model Search Competition involves submitting an application, two photographs and an in-person audition to AMAX Talent. A panel of judges will select finalists from all eligible applicants and one winner will be awarded the prize package.
2. THE ENTRY PERIOD: The entry period for the Competition begins on February 15, 2013 and ends at 3:00 PM on March 16, 2013.
3. ENTRANTS BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES: Your entry into the Competition constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the "Sponsors" (defined in below), which are final and binding. If you are named the winner, delivery of the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Employees of the Sponsors and each of their affiliates, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
5. HOW TO ENTER: Submit your entry on line through www.nfwmodelsearch.com during the entry period. Include two JPG images no larger than 1 MG in size. Limit one entry per person.
6. PRIZE WINNER SELECTION: The winner or winners will be determined by the panel of judges based on their perceived opportunity of success as a model. The potential winner will not receive the prize until her/her eligibility and identity has been verified.
7. VERIFICATION OF THE POTENTIAL WINNER: Except where prohibited, the potential winner must sign and return to the Sponsors, within 3 days of the date notice is sent to the potential winner at the email address or postal address given to the Sponsors, the affidavit of eligibility, proof of age at time of entry, and liability/publicity release in order to claim the prize. If the potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period, that potential winner forfeits the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen outlined below.
8. ALTERNATE WINNER: If the winning contestant is found to be ineligible, the second place contestant will be named the winner. The potential winner will not receive the prize until his/her eligibility and identity has been verified. This process will be repeated by placing until a winner is verified.
9. PRIZE: The winner will win a designated prize package including a $1,000 modeling contract with AMAX Talent, an opportunity to walk in fashion shows at Nashville Fashion Week and a photo shoot with a top Fashion Photographer.
NOTE: No cash or other substitution for the prize is permitted, except by the Sponsors, who reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of comparable or greater value that will become effective upon announcement.
10. RELEASE: TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN EXCHANGE FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO ENTER AND PARTICIPATE IN THE COMPETITION AND WIN THE PRIZE, YOU, FOR YOURSELF, YOUR HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, ADMINISTRATORS AND EXECUTORS, FOREVER WAIVE, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS ("RELEASE") ANY AND ALL RIGHTS, CLAIMS, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, COSTS, ATTORNEYS' FEES, EXPENSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHATSOEVER ("CLAIMS") THAT YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST THE SPONSORS, THE COMPETITION VENDORS AND SUPPLIERS, NASHVILLE FASHION WEEK, NASHVILLE FASHION WEEK’S SPONSORS AND SUPPLIERS, THE JUDGES, PRIZE PROVIDERS AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE RELATED ENTITIES (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) AND EACH SUCH RELEASED PARTIES' OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS. THIS RELEASE COVERS, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIMS ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OUT OF YOUR ENTRY INTO AND PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION, YOUR STATUS AS AN ENTRANT, FINALIST AND/OR A POTENTIAL AND/OR ACTUAL WINNER, AND/OR USE OR NON-USE OF THE AIR TRANSPORTATION, HOTEL, SUPPLIES, AND/OR PRIZE AND INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS BASED ON PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LIBEL, SLANDER, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY/PUBLICITY, PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT AND ANY CLAIM RELATING TO THE SPONSORS’ EXERCISE OF THE PUBLICITY RIGHTS YOU HAVE GRANTED TO THE SPONSORS HEREUNDER. FURTHER, YOU HEREBY RELEASE THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY THIRD PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY CLAIMS ARSISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ENTRY. THIS RELEASE SURVIVES THE EXPIRATION OF THE COMPETITION.
14. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Competition constitutes your consent to the Sponsors’ use of your name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for promotional purposes in perpetuity in any media, worldwide, without further payment of consideration to you and without obtaining any prior approvals.
15. COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: The Sponsors will collect personal information from you and the other Competition entrants that will be used by the Sponsors in connection with the conduct of the Competition including (but not limited to) notifying you and the other entrants if you are chosen as a finalist.
16. REPRODUCTION RIGHTS: All reproduction rights to your entry will remain with you. However, all finalists agree that the Sponsors are granted the non-exclusive reproduction rights for the Sponsors’ advertising, promotion, print publication, and Internet purposes. The Sponsors agree not to sell any of the entry photography, or any reproduction, unless an additional agreement is reached with the entrant involved.
17. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, postpone, suspend and/or modify the Competition for any reason as determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion. The Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be: (a) falsifying an entry or providing false information; (b) tampering with the operation of the Competition; (c) in violation of these Official Rules; or (d) acting in a fraudulent or deceptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsors’ failure to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsors are not responsible for (i) lost/delayed entries; (ii) email failures; (iii) any printing errors; or (iv) typographical errors.
18. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by you, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning or unavailability of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, Internet service or website; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Competition; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Competition or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to your computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Competition or receipt, redemption or use of the prize.
19. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, you agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Competition or any prize awarded, other than the administration of the Competition or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Tennessee State Court located in Nashville, Tennessee; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Competition, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, any punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of you and the Sponsors in connection with the Competition, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Tennessee without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Tennessee or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Tennessee.
20. THE COMPETITION RESULTS: To view the Competition results and/or this document please visit http://www.nfwmodelsearch.com.
21. THE ORGANIZERS: The Nashville Fashion Week Model Search Competition is sponsored by MACS l AMAX Talent & Modeling Agency in cooperation with Nashville Fashion Week.
22. Contestants may enter from any geographic location in the US, but MACS/AMAX will not provide for travel expenses if contestant is chosen to attend finals.